Eischen's General Contracting, LLC
About Eischen's General Contracting, LLC
Eischen's General Contracting, LLC (EGC) is a native Texas company specializing in trail construction, consulting, and maintenance. EGC is devoted to serving the community by ensuring knowledgeable and effective stewardship of public/private parkland. Our experience in construction goes beyond trail construction and extends into the design and fabrication of trail amenities such as wayfinding/interpretive/education signage, custom steel pedestrian bridges, kiosks, water fountains, restroom facilities, waste stations, benches, donor recognition installations, art installations, interpretive placemaking areas, and much more.
EGC has worked with Hill Country Conservancy (HCC) and the City of Austin to construct significant segments of the Violet Crown Trail (VCT) in Austin, TX, which is the first regional trail system of its kind in Central Texas and once completed, will span across 30 miles and several different jurisdictions. In addition to working with Hill Country Conservancy, EGC has worked with several other non-profits in Austin to make improvements to public and private land. These other non-profits include Austin Parks Foundation (APF), The Trail Conservancy (TTC), and the Travis Audubon Society (TAS). Our unique and in-depth experience with public-private partnerships (P3s) has given us the opportunity to help other non-profits apply for grant funding and implement trail improvement projects across Austin.
EGC is the only certified contractor by Stabilizer Solutions in the region for successfully and sustainably constructing stabilized decomposed granite trails, keeping trails true to native form while allowing for improved accessibility. It is our passion to create opportunities for everyone of all ages and abilities to access nature via sustainable nature trails. In addition to being certified by Stabilizer Solutions, EGC has pioneered the development of stabilized low-water crossing construction methodologies that are now being implemented by others across the region.
Our skilled craftsmen have the ability and experience to problem solve in the field to account for existing conditions beyond what can be obtained from site/construction plans. Our skills come from years of experience building and maintaining trails as well as formal education with respect to environmental sciences, hydrology, and conservation. It is our pleasure to help others improve access to nature and we look forward to working with you.
Products & Services
- EGC is certified by Stabilizer Solutions for the application of Stabilizer and Stalok DG Trails.
- EGC works to consult with non-profits, city staff/departments, and private landowners/contractors on trail and park improvement projects.
- EGC is vertically integrated to provide clients with a full spectrum of services from concept/design development, cost estimating, construction, to maintenance.
- EGC can provide GIS mapping services, drone footage/mapping, as well as 360 degree trail tour experiences.
- EGC has craftsmen on staff to deploy on projects to ensure quality controls.
- In addition to trails, EGC builds and maintains trail amenities such as pedestrian bridges, kiosks, gardens, bathrooms, benches, workout facilities, waste stations, wayfinding/milemarker signage, interpretive placemaking areas, art installations, and much more.
- EGC has a lifetime of construction experience that comes with reputable, trustworthy, and talented sub-contractors to accomodate for scopes of work that we cannot self perform.
- EGC has trained craftsmen to weld custom steel pedestrian bridges in remote areas. We have also worked with EcoTechtonics to install fiberglass prefabricated bridges in remote areas.
- EGC has experience working with and managing Texas Conservation Corps American Youth Works teams on trail construction and maintenance projects.
- Tim Eischen is a certified interpretive guide and docent and regularly leads volunteer events and tours on trails to create opportunities for people to make connections with the environment.
- EGC designs and builds ADA accessible nature trails according to city and USFS standards.
- EGC provides vision planning services for non-profit organizations and their trail and park improvement projects to position them in good standing for grant funding opportunities.
- EGC provides trail signage content development, fabrication, and installation services.
- EGC can operate heavy equipment.